2012-2013 PRIDE Contract
Because I choose to educate younger students with information about various drugs, present drug-free messages, and serve as a person of character and a role model for others, I pledge the following, as an active member of Iosco PRIDE.
1) I do not use alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, or inhalants; I do not abuse prescription drugs or over the counter drugs and I plan to remain drug-free throughout my high school years. By signing this form I and my parents consent and give permission for me to be randomly drug tested. I and my parents understand that if I or they refuse the random test that the test is deemed to have a positive result.
2) I agree not to attend teen parties and social activities where alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs are present. If at any time I find myself in this situation I will leave or immediately call my parents or another trusted adult to come and get me.
3) I will refrain from the use of violence, harassment, and bullying behaviors.
4) I will display the following characteristics through my actions: Trustworthiness, Honesty, Respect, Tolerance, Responsibility, Fairness, Teamwork, Caring, Citizenship, and Courteousness.
5) I will follow all school rules, as outlined in myk school’s student handbook. I will maintain a positive attitude toward school personnel, other adults, my peers, and I will act as a positive role model. I will not have a school attendance issue which prevents me from completing my schoolwork.
6) I will maintain passing grades in each grading period. If I receive a failing grade or a teacher reports that I am not turning in assignments, I will not present with PRIDE until the grade or situation improves. I will take advantage of opportunities provided to improve my grade.
7) If I become pregnant or impregnate someone else or if I am found to be guilty of sexual misconduct, I will not be allowed to do presentations with my PRIDE team. In collaboration with District Health Department #2, Iosco PRIDE will be administering anonymous surveys to youth ages 15 and under. Participating students will be asked questions about abstinence, sex and healthy choices. Any information derived from the surveys will be used in a confidential manner by the Michigan Department of Community Health’s Abstinence Program. Parents are welcome to review the surveys before they are given to youth.
8) I agree to wear and use clothing and other items bearing the PRIDE name with respect for the message and values that PRIDE Youth Programs upholds. If at any time I leave the PRIDE team, for personal reasons or dismissal, I will not wear or use items with the PRIDE name unless I continue to uphold the messages and values of PRIDE Youth Programs.
9) VISITATIONS TO COLLEGE CAMPUS - All PRIDE members visiting a college campus are recommended to submit a short note describing the purpose for the visit PRIOR to the visit to prevent speculation or rumors. I realize that I must uphold the PRIDE contract and remain drug-free during said visitation.
10) I will respect and follow the decisions made by the PRIDE adult advisors, realizing that they are in the best interest of our entire PRIDE team as a whole.
or by calling or texting the PRIDE cell number 989-305-5109.
Because PRIDE is a non-profit, volunteer run organization, not sponsored by the schools members of the team have responsibilities to help raise money to support the program. Therefore I agree to the following:
IF I DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE RULES, I HAVE VIOLATED MY CONTRACT AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONSEQUENCES:
Ø I will be placed on probation for up to 18 weeks depending on the severity of the infraction.
Ø I will be required to complete up to 9 additional hours of community service during the probationary period.
Ø While on probation I must attend meetings, but will not be permitted to perform or travel with the team.
Ø At the end of the probationary period I will sign a new contract. Any violation during or after probation will result in dismissal from PRIDE for the remainder of the school year.
Parent Signature _________________________________________ Date __________________